The MHSFCA Senior Showcase is a MHSAA endorsed one-day event for high school seniors that have not signed to display their skills to Division II, III, and NAIA football programs. The showcase gives an opportunity for student-athletes to continue their education and football careers that may not be afforded otherwise. The event will be organized and managed by the MHSFCA and area high school football coaches. It is sponsored by the Mel Farr “Superstar” Foundation and part of the National Football Foundation Showcase series. Players will showcase their skills during a series of tests and drills that will best display each player’s talent at their respective positions. Following the activities, players and colleges/universities will meet to discuss scholarship and financial aid opportunities for the participating athletes. Admission will be restricted to the athletes, participating coaches and volunteers, visiting high school and college/university coaches and/or administrators, and the media. Please join us as we help send more students to college playing the game we all love. The 1st annual Motor City/MHSFCA Showcase will be held at Detroit Country Day School February 8, 2020.
Tentative Showcase Schedule
- 8:00 am — Athlete Registration, height and weight
- 8:45 am — Warm-up
- 9:00 am — Testing: 40-yard dash, vertical and broad jump
- 9:30 am — Fundamentals – Position specific drills
- 9:45 am — 1 on 1
- 10:15 am — 7 on 7
- 11:00 am — College Fair
How does it work?
Student-athletes from across Michigan will register online prior to the Showcase. They must be a graduating high school senior and have not accepted a scholarship offer from a Division I football program. In addition, they must meet one of the three following qualifications:
- Have a 2.3 GPA or higher in 16 core courses
- Have an SAT score of 860 (Math and Critical Reading only) or higher
- Have an ACT of 16 or higher
All Division II, III, and NAIA athletic directors and head football coaches are invited to attend. There will be ample time for coaches to view the athletes in drills and to talk to them individually about their respective football programs. Staffs from the admissions and financial aid departments are encouraged to attend as well.
Key reminders for all participants and parents
- No parent participation will be allowed at the Showcase.
- No kicking drills will be run during the event.
- Students must provide their own transportation to and from the Showcase (Location and general directions).
- Students are responsible for bringing two pairs of shoes (football shoes and running shoes).
- Water will be provided. Please bring a snack or lunch.